Monday, February 8, 2010

PTP

When I was a kid my favorite board game was called Pursue The Pennant. Here's a picture of it:



Sweet Baby, look at all those charts!

I got this game when I was 10 and for a good couple years played it almost constantly and usually by myself since most people tended to find it extremely boring. I'd ask my friends if they wanted to play and they'd look at me like I just asked them to do homework and go to Sunday school and mow the lawn all in a row. This boggled my mind. Don't you like baseball? Don't you want to "call the shots"? Don't you like CHARTS?!?!

Even the website where I found that picture doesn't have my back:
A full 9-inning game takes about 45 minutes to an hour to play. The game can be played head-to-head or solitaire. However, due to the in-depth nature of the games, solitaire play is not all that fun.
Oh, look who's Mr. Cool all of a sudden! "I mean, yeah, I made a website in honor of a 20-plus year old board game for dorks, but, you know, it's not like I play it by myself or anything. I only play it head-to-head with supermodels."

Not likely. Your butt smells!

No comments: