Thursday, September 10, 2009

September Call-Ups



Hey everybody. I haven't updated this blog since June? Whoops!

To be fair, I've been posting on Twitter and Facebook and talking at shows, so it's not like I'm some kind of a crazy jerk. But I can only keep track of so many things at the same time, usually about two or three. Four if it's for charity or I'm not drunk.

Besides, I've been very busy being unemployed. I spent years fantasizing about all the things I could accomplish if I just didn't have to go to work everyday and now I'm finally doing it! Let's look at some of the things I've already done this week:
Ate peanut butter for breakfast!

Emailed resumes!

Went jogging and accidentally kicked a dead rat on the sidewalk!

Watched cable television!

Walked to the laundromat to pick up my laundry but the lady behind the counter said, "Not ready! Not ready!" so I said, "Okay" and walked back to my apartment!

Took some newspapers from last week and threw 'em right into the ol' garbage pail!
So, you can see what I mean.

But let's get the ball rolling...

First, if you find yourself in Michigan this Saturday, I stress that you should attend this comedy show:
Riverside Arts Center
Kenny Zimlinghaus and Friends

Saturday 7:30 and 9:30
$12

Kenny Zimlinghaus
Vince Averill
Greg Johnson
Jesse Popp

Tickets available at the door or in advance at Brown Paper Tickets.
Most of us did a show at the same venue back in January and it was good fun. I'll see you there!

Second, here are a couple videos. I'm only in this one for a quick second but it's funny and features Gabe Delahaye, Max Silvestri, Larry Murphy, Patrick Borelli and Jenny Slate:



And this is a video of my set at Cassidy Henehan's roast. He recently moved back to New Orleans, I believe to try out for the Saints. Not sure yet if he made the final cut. Anyway, hope you like jokes about my friends!



Well, that about gets us square. See you in December!

No comments: