Monday, December 22, 2008

Do the Do

I went for a walk through Central Park yesterday. I found myself a hot commodity for strangers who needed someone to take a picture of them and their brood standing in front of stuff. And while I appreciate getting sized up as a guy who probably won’t run off with your camera, it’s still a little stressful. One, it’s not like I’ve never dropped anything expensive before. Two, long gone are the days when you had to leave a roll of film at the drug store before you found out I stink at taking pictures. In those days I could've made a clean getaway!

In sports news, Dock Ellis passed away over the weekend. He is most well known for throwing a no-hitter while high on LSD, but he also let loose one of the better quotes in baseball history:
Cincinnati will bullshit with us and kick our ass and laugh at us. They’re the only team that talk about us like a dog. Whenever we play that team, everybody socializes with them. When they ran over to us, we knew they were afraid of us. When I saw our team doing it, right then I say, ‘We gonna get down. We gonna do the do. I’m going to hit these motherfuckers.
Then he went out to the mound and hit Pete Rose with the first pitch. You can read the rest here. Point is, Dock Ellis was good old fashioned nuts. Godspeed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

QUIZ

Jesse said...

I can’t believe you posted that link for ONE there/their/they’re mistake. I was busy and typing like the wind!

I’m buying you a language arts book for Christmas so you can get your fill of homework before you visit my website. So their!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm a jerk! What do you expect?

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. paul!?!?

-(stacy)