Thursday, February 7, 2008

Y2Rat

Thanks to the cafeteria at my work I rang in the New Year by eating stir fry at my desk just like a real Chinese person would! Plus, yesterday I got in on some of that hot Ash Wednesday salmon they were dishing out.* My tummy truly is a man of the people.

One of my all-time double takes was freshman year of college when the dorm cafeteria commemorated Martin Luther King Day by serving fried chicken and watermelon. I thought it must just be some sort of unfortunate coincidence but there it was right on the board: “Happy Martin Luther King Day Fried Chicken/Watermelon.” Way to be, Central Michigan University in 1996!

Wrapping up: always eat lunch, never be racist.

*My parents stopped making me go to church after my first communion and mass was always at the same time the Little Rascals came on, so my knowledge of Catholicism pretty much stops at "when Christmas presents come" and "the days you aren’t supposed to eat meat." Although, I am aware that Pope John Paul II is an honorary member of the Harlem Globetrotters.

No comments: